https://uk.linkedin.com/in/francescomaritravel/en

Name

Email *

Message *

Catania,Seneca,Latin Language,Tattoos,Incoming Service, Cruise and Sailors-Experience at Catania Port many Years Ago.

I studied Latin, many years ago,it was not easy, difficult endings, conjugations and formulations of passive sentences,dative and accusative,genitive and nominative sometimes you fell in syntax mistakes because you could not connect the sentences ..I loved anyway this matter I studied and I still remember with pleasure something .
One of the great philosophers of the Latin language the great Seneca, historical, political, playwright and writer said:"Non enim nauta ventum nescit quo eat".Translated is "There is no favourable wind for the sailor who does not know where to go"I loved that phrase so much.

A day at the port of Catania for an Incoming Service for some clients in cruise I saw an old Maltese sailor with a tattoo with that phrase of the great philosopher on his right arm and I asked him, "hey Sir do you know what that means? And he answered me." Hey you, do you know where to go? If you know where to go I wish you to travel as me or more but take always the right wind .." The old sailors know all and more..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot to read and note.

HANNOVER MESSE | FAIR FOR ENERGIZING A SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY | FROM 22 TO 26 APRIL 2024 | HANNOVER - GERMANY

  HANNOVER MESSE   FAIR FOR ENERGIZING A SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY FROM 22 TO 26 APRIL 2024 | HANNOVER - GERMANY HANNOVER MESSE , HM Hann...